Distance Checker

reference guides detailing the actions, parameters and properties of Disney Infinity creativi-toys
when posting please show examples of how each is used and how they are linked. more than just a description of the toy is needed. ideally show a video.

Distance Checker

Postby semerien » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Distance Checker

Description – The distance checker can be assigned two different targets and will continuously monitor the distance between the two targets. It can also be assigned 3 different distances that this tool will use to trigger events when the two targets are within or leave this distance apart.

New Actor Connection – Use this option to connect a townsperson to this tool.

New Locator Connection – Use this option to connect a locator to this tool.

Properties

Target A (This Toy, Any Player, Player (1,2,3,4),Team (Blue,Orange,Green,Purple),Connected Actor, Locator) – Select the item you want to assign as Target A of the two targets this tool will be monitoring.
Target B (This Toy, Any Player, Player (1,2,3,4),Team (Blue,Orange,Green,Purple),Connected Actor, Locator) – Select the item you want to assign as Target B of the two targets this tool will be monitoring.
Distance 1 (1-100) – This is the first distance that will trigger outputs from this tool if the two targets come this close, or get this far. * The numerical values of distance are easiest to view as a distance of 4 is the width of a single block)
Distance 2 (1-100) - This is the second distance that will trigger outputs from this tool if the two targets come this close, or get this far.
Distance 3 (1-100) - This is the third distance that will trigger outputs from this tool if the two targets come this close, or get this far.
Active (on/off) – This option will turn this tool on or off.
Visible Distance (on/off) – When set to on, a numerical display will appear at the top of the screen that will continuously show the distance between the two targets.

Outputs

On – Send an output when this tool is turned on.
Off – Send an output when this tool is turned off.
Target Comes Within Distance 1 – Send an output when the two targets come within distance 1 of each other.
Target Comes Within Distance 2 - Send an output when the two targets come within distance 2 of each other.
Target Comes Within Distance 3 - Send an output when the two targets come within distance 3 of each other.
Target Moves Out of Distance 1 – Send an output when the two targets get farther than distance 1 from each other.
Target Moves Out of Distance 2 - Send an output when the two targets get farther than distance 2 from each other.
Target Moves Out of Distance 3 - Send an output when the two targets get farther than distance 3 from each other.

Inputs

On – Turn this tool on
Off – Turn this tool off

Examples

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Re: Distance Checker

Postby pjhaan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:34 am

I have my vertical auto-scrolling level close to complete. I hooked a distance checker up to the the locator used for the camera focus. Is there a way to disable the "Visible Distance Display" outside the challenge maker? I figured out the "sweet spot" is staying within 25 of the locator. I want to display the distance during the challenge but not once it ends. There are a few flat spots that might need that distance increased but I don't want to throw off the rest of the level.

So, I want to add a note to stay "under 25"

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity Creativi-Toy Guides