Skylanders (Series general)

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Skylanders (Series general)

Postby Wreck-It-Jay » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:38 am

I've yet to pick up any of the new giants. After Hot Head was released I haven't bought another. How is Thumpback and Eye Brawl?

rank_0
Wreck-It-Jay
Main Console: PS3

Postby ElvisRV » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:12 am

^ Eye Brawl is one of my favorites and Thumpback is great! I would recommend picking them both up!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:13 pm

I finally finished my Giants collection, apart from the second set of Sidekicks and a few variants, which I'll get in due time. Got a Gold Chop Chop shipping to me, I didn't really want to spend so much on Skylanders the time that I did but at $150 total it's worth it in the long run since many go for $250 without shipping costs included.

I'm still missing all the Golds besides Chop Chop and S2 Flameslinger, the Silvers, Stones(it's really hard to find ones that register as "Special"), Lapis Chop Chop, the Snows, and Bronze Hot Dog. It's actually kinda scary how close I am to having all the variants since I really don't wanna know what I've spent. XD

I still have NO idea if I want Swap Force. My cousin was getting it, but by the time it's out, we won't be able to see each other much. Suggestions? Mostly I'm mad that it only has 12 chapters and 2 Adventure Packs, they will probably drag them out even more than Giants which is just a chore to play with its overdose of dialogue and rehashed, gimmicky and too-long level designs. Swap Force looks like it's fixed some of those issues, but then again, the game seems like it will be too little especially with twice as many new characters and reposes on top(if I even bother to get them this time). Troll Home Security, The Oracle, Molekin Mountain and Lost City of Arkus are still the only levels I replay, which is only 1/4 of them. :(
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:42 pm

we've got a couple of figures in transit and once the last of the regulars are available we're done ... and still no interest in swap force

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37 pm

@Sherrif Woody You know, if you had wanted LC Hex/S2 Drobot, I would have sent them for $14 each + shipping. :P I gave a set to my cousin but she never uses them anyway. She put them down a while ago, now she finished all the Heroics(I'm just missing some on variants).

I might wait until Swap figures become worthless as dirt like all but a few S1 figures. Today my Target had PS3 Starter Packs for SA and they only cost $14 each! That's the cost of a regular S2 figure here(and, with my sister's staff discount, it cost $13.10 instead). FROM K-MART, the store with the CHEAPEST prices. I'm seriously considering just going out of my way to get a ton of LightCore Hexes from hours away, and scalping the hell out of them, with all the frustration that this brand has given me :/ *inappropriate mumbling*

Mostly I want Swap Force because swapping around the actual, physical toys looks really fun. But Giants and LightCores were pretty fun when they came out too, and now they're my least favourite features...

I'm still looking for an SSA 3DS Starter Pack for my dad since he's going to get a 3DS for Animal Crossing. Giants 3DS is extremely common, so I could just get him that, but it's a turd of a game infested with lag and bugs.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm also awaiting S2 Drobot and LC Hex but I am prepared to wait until their UK release.

I have Swap Force pre ordered, more for my partner than myself, but hopefully she is impressed enough with Infinity so that I can cancel it. At least the console starter packs and the 3DS starter pack do not overlap at all this time. Clearly Vicarious Visions have had more time to think about this than Toys For Bob did have to think about giants.

My biggest complaint with Swap Force is that the new characters don't feel like Skylanders at all. In fact a majority of the new ones have a weapon of some sort, and most of them is some sort of gun variant. Throw in the fact that there probably won't be any places that need a giant to unlock, as there won't be any Swap Force giants, and you start questioning whether they actually have a long term plan or whether they are just winging it each year.

Disney Infinity, at least at this stage, seems to have much more thought put into it, instead of just *Puts on Cowboy Sharks voice* money, money, money.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:51 pm

It actually looks to me like they are putting too many ranged attackers in, which I hope is not the case because we need some really good, fun, challenging to use melee characters. There are plenty of "dud" ranged characters which you can enjoy using as a handicap, but S1 Chop Chop is the only notably weak melee that springs to mind(and once you get the hang of him, he's actually quite effective anyway). Maybe Boomer too, but he's such for the wrong reason, an absolutely pathetic HP stat.

I honestly think that the new characters feel too similar- Hoot Loop and Night Shift seem too samey against one another, Stink Bomb is basically Stealth Elf with a ranged attack in place of a dash, Grim Creeper is basically a kawaiified blue version of Ignitor, plus Countdown is basically Boomer, just turned into a bomb. All of the other characters aren't immediately similar to previously seen concepts, but lack any magic(besides those we haven't seen gameplay for, but I personally think some of them look terrible *cough*Gorilla Drilla, Spy Rise*cough*). The only characters that I think feel truly worthwhile and original, from my impressions, are Wash Buckler (and only because of his tentacle attack) and Fryno(let's face it, she will be the best original Skylander of Swap Force). When I look at the all too similar vibes I wonder why I'm even considering this game, but then I remember that I have OCD for it...

I know we can't really get the proper experience from what we've seen, especially since Skylanders coverage is so terrible, but when we do see something it should properly wow us. :/ That's why I like Disney Infinity- even more than the actual game/concept/meeting of franchises, I really appreciate how they actually show care to their fans, which is all too rare these days...

Riptide and Fryno look so cool that I might buy their figures without the game at all
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 am

I honestly prefer the Lost Islands app over the actual Skylander games.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 am

I liked that app, but it's too expensive. It felt a bit like a money grab since you needed to pay for a lot of content in it on top of the figures.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles