Skylanders (Series general)

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Skylanders (Series general)

Postby ElvisRV » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:44 pm

These last couple posts make me realize how much Skylanders sucks, and now I feel weird being so obsessed with it...
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:49 am

Well, Skylanders games are good and solidly designed, but also plagued with many noticeable problems which are just becoming worse and worse to the point that eventually it will do nothing BUT suck(it's become less charming, feeling like more of a cash grab, and getting shorter and shorter). It's like how Screen Junkies has an Honest Trailer to dissect everything bad in Harry Potter movies, when that's one of the most deservingly beloved franchises of all time. Except that you don't need professionals to peel off the top layer of Skylanders and expose its issue-filled core. Serve with one dash of salt and ten tablespoons of 8-year-old-within-you-blind-giddiness for the best results, but if the toy thing is the only thing that interests you, Infinity will, provided nothing goes unexpectedly wrong, be a much better option for that. The only thing that Skylanders has over Infinity is swapping parts, which is actually pretty awesome, but figure-wise Infinity toys still have far superior QA and game-wise Infinity is much more exciting, so it can't redeem it on its own. There's no shame with liking something plagued with problems, though unless it's Video Brinquedo , just think of it as a guilty pleasure if you wish.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I will continue to collect the new games and figures until I go to college unless the story goes away and they decide that character designs don't matter...I am much more excited for Infinity from this point so I hope it does not disappoint me!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV

Postby TheLittleFish » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Even though I don't own Skylanders myself, my boyfriend does and it is such a cool game, I love the majority of the figures although my faves have to be Cynder, Hot Dog and Ninjini! My boyfriend only needs to get 2 regulars and 3 giants till his collection is complete, can't wait till he has all of them :D :mrgreen:
the cold never bothered me anyway

rank_50
TheLittleFish
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:04 am

Hey, Apple users!
If we double the amount of Lost Islands players in July, everyone will get Gnarly Tree Rex FOR FREE!
There is one catch: All new players have to join in the month of July.
So if you're gonna join and help us out, please wait until July to do so.
Thanks!
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Agent C » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:15 am

I really do love Skylanders, and it will always have a spot in my family. It is the game that got my children interested in playing video games. Up to that point, they had just watched me play. I played through the first one with my daughter, and the second one with my son. We own an iteration of every character, not every figure. They are fun to collect.

I will admit they are not the most difficult games, but they are not really designed for me so I cut them some slack. Spyro's Adventure was a good game with an overly difficult ending. Giant had a good story to it, but it was a little short, and the ending not nearly as difficult. We own the books which are a great way to continue the series. We own the iOS apps which are enjoyable in their own way.

Swap Force is a mixed bag for me. I will get it, but I think Activision has made some mistakes with it. The necessity of having to purchase a new starter pack is a little disheartening. I completely understand why it has to be, but I think that this may hurt them compared to Infinity. I am not totally sure how great this swapping thing will be. On the flip side, the characters can jump now in the console versions which was something that I always thought was strange before.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby jdbloom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 am

I got into Skylanders after getting interested in Infinity. I am going to be more interested in collecting Infinity characters than Skylanders, but I do like being able to pick up Skylanders now and then. The games I find to be fun dungeon crawlers and the characters look cool by my TV.

rank_250
jdbloom
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ZapNorris » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 am

I've been into the 'landers since 2011.
L-I-F-E, Ya, You can't Live Without Life..

RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

rank_50
ZapNorris
Main Console: PS4

Postby Agent C » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 pm

For those in the US with GameStops, you can reserve the Dark Edition.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles