Skylanders (Series general)

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Skylanders (Series general)

Postby packetloss » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 pm

@Sheriff

Thanks for the wonderful information, much appreciated.

Update: 10.1.2013
- Ordered Legendary Stealth Elf today. Was ordering Disney Tron User Control power disc that came in to stock for the first time in weeks and just had to add her to the order as well seeing how shipping is over $5. I will hopefully have her by weeks end.

Update: 10.4.2013
Legendary Stealth Elf arrived a few minutes ago. She looks great in Giants! She does work in Spyro (Even though the package has an X across Spyro), just without the legendary skin and added stats. However she can still do the challenges, level up (10), and gain money in Spyro before heading to Giants which is what I was hoping for.
Disney Infinity ID approved - packetloss on disneyinfinity.com

rank_0
packetloss
Main Console: PS4

Postby jade655 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Swap Force=The only one with an ad that ACTUALLY includes the main enemy. LOLz!

rank_100
jade655
Main Console: Xbox 360

Anyone played skylanders?

Postby harrypottar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:55 pm

First off not trying to start a which is better or so and so copied the idea, so please, I beg you stay on topic.

I have never played Skylanders, but since I've purchased Disney Infinity on release day, I'm addicted/obsessed, it only thing I've played. I have purchased all the play sets and figures, pre-ordered what else I could. I have all of wave one and some wave two disk like Captain Hooks Ship. I'm stating this not to show off but to indicate how obsessed I am.

I know that Skylanders does not have a toy box and this might be comparing apples to oranges but for those who have played both is it worth buying Skylanders swap force when it comes out on the 13th.

Don't care which is better as I already have DI, debating if skylanders is worth buying as well.

Does SL have play sets that extend game play? is the game play varied or is it all hack and slash platformer style?

Although I'm middle aged I like cartoony type games,I like platformer games like Ratchet and Crank, Racing games like Mod Racers and Mario Kart etc.

harry
harrypottar
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Taz2009 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 pm

@ harrypottar

Skylanders works on the same bases as DI as in the game you can change the character over when ever you like and what gold coins /experience points you have collected with that character while you have played it will stay with that character as all the information is saved in the chip that is in the base of the character figure.
Skylander games are generally hack n slash were you kill the enemies as you progress throught the main games story that is split into chapters, depending the characters this can be Close quarters or range attacks, but also you do have mini mind puzzle games which you need to do to open locked doors to carry on or there are mini games aswell. Like in Skylander Spryo's adventure it was card games by matching pairs of identical cards, and in Skylander Giants there was a game call Skystones. Link is below.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/skylanders-giants/Skystones.

Also as a side missions you are also collecting other items:
Soul gems: Advanced attach power for that figure.
Legendary treasure chest: Extra money.
Hats: Increase the stats of the character i.e speed, armour, critical hit.
Etc.

There are adventure packs and battle packs in skylanders. and their are one of each coming out for swap force at the moment. and there are other adventure packs and battle packs released on the other two skylander games.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/endless-range/ ... characters

Battle packs are a new battle arena where you play player Vs Player.
Adventure packs are a small story adventure all of it own, but adventure figure can be used in the main story as a special magic attack.

Also all character figure from Spryo's adventure and Giants will be able to be played on Swap force and the max level is increased by 5 levels and also all Series 2 & 3 core character will work backwards on the two previous games depending on which game they were released on. But you will need then to buy a starter pack from the previous games to play them as a don't think the swap force portal of power is compatible with the previous games. (but the Spryo's adventure and Giants portal of power are compatible with each other).

So really if you like the games you mentions you probably will like skylanders. So ever pop to a TRU or Toy store where you can get some hand on games play and give it a try. and if you like then you can always get Skylander Swapforce when it comes out.

rank_0
Taz2009
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby infinityadvanced » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:44 am

Can't wait for swap force :D

rank_250
infinityadvanced

Postby packetloss » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:55 am

I stopped by a GameStop today, and was pleasantly surprised by the sales associate. She engaged me in conversation and answered all my questions and checked me out in a timely fashion. I have not had such an experience there in over 2 years and basically stopped even going in to them. She won me over and I pre-ordered the GameStop Exclusive Dark Edition of Swap Force.

I personally wish it came out a week later due to financial restraints but yeah Dark Stealth Elf Ninja will be awesome for my main character to play through swap force on. This also means i need to get a move on and sit down and play through Giants ...... I am so behind.
Disney Infinity ID approved - packetloss on disneyinfinity.com

rank_0
packetloss
Main Console: PS4

Postby infinityadvanced » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

7 days for me :D

rank_250
infinityadvanced

Postby Jazz820 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 am

Went to target and you can try swapping skylanders now and they are taking giants down and making room for swap force, they have the screen on playing videos and it's all lot up! So excited!!!! I'm as excited as I was for DI

rank_1250
Jazz820
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:49 am

I saw one of the demo stands when I went to Target today. I like the size and weight of the figures, though I wish the painting was better. It's passable, like some of the later Giants figures- not a lot of major errors, but more than a few you can notice just by looking a bit closer. It worries me a bit about what the figures later on will look like this game.

I'm not very excited for this game now, because the figure customisation is sounding minimal since Heroics are gone. It seems like they're stepping away from on-figure customisation and focusing more on in-game like DI... And, well, we all know how I feel about that. :( I'm really disappointed, honestly.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles