Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby INFINITY DAD » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 pm

im sure they'll have some sort of giveaway to get us in there....
Woody / Toy Story Playset
Jack Skellington

rank_50
INFINITY DAD
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby mada632 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:04 pm

i just checked TRU online an they have the gold packs for sale to ship to your home.
mada632
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby DrNate » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks. I was starting to believe there would never be any more, for whatever strange reasons my imagination can concoct.

Too bad, still no Crystal Clear McQueen.

rank_100
DrNate
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Kelleytoons » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 pm

If I go I'd be the oldest person there by far (just look at my avatar -- that's really ME <g>).

I might just to see if there is anything new, but I already have all the discs in Wave 1 (at least here in the U.S. -- I am SO jealous that Australia has the Tron stuff I can't see straight. Just not crazy enough to pay the ridiculous eBay prices for them).

rank_250
Kelleytoons
Main Console: PS4

Postby mada632 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 pm

well i missed my chance the gold packs were online now they are gone again. :cry:
was about to buy them got distracted
mada632
PSN ID:

Postby AngelG415 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am

Why not in Canada. :( :( :(
AngelG415
PSN ID:

Postby purplesteve6 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:52 pm

I was at TRU last night and tried to get some info. Nobody was in the electronics department, so the lady at the counter called for somebody who could answer my questions. Another associate overheard and said that he might be able to help. I asked if he knew when the next exclusive Power Disc was coming out and he said that they weren't given any information, but he thinks they should have them Sunday. He says that's their weekly ad runs through Saturday, and since it is an exclusive, Disney is probably working with TRU to get them out. He said that he believed the giveaway bag for the event on the 7th would also contain a Power Disc.

The other associate came to the register and didn't have a clue. He said that they never got the last exclusive. I politely corrected him and said that I, indeed, purchased several packages of Power Discs from his store which contained the Mike's Car Power Disc.

I'm pretty sure at this point, nobody there really knows exactly what is going on. Some seasoned employees may be making educated guesses, but I would keep a close eye on Sunday.

rank_50
purplesteve6
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Kelleytoons » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

That's typical of any retail store nowadays. Most employees are clueless.

I was at Target picking out some discs out of their HUGE DI display and an employee came up and wanted to ask me some questions about it, how it worked, what the discs were, etc. It was pretty funny -- this really old guy trying to explain to a 20 something about how the hottest video game on the market they were selling operated. I know they can't know it all but... this display took up the entire AISLE -- you'd think he'd have at least wanted to know something about it (well, I guess he did, which is why he was asking me. But this was a week after the display went up. If I were working in that department I'd be an expert on all the major stuff they sold. Of course, I wouldn't be working there for long, as I'd move up the ladder too quickly).

rank_250
Kelleytoons
Main Console: PS4

Postby Randall_Boggs » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:04 am

I got confirmation from a TRU that the Tron power disc will be released during the event, they had next weeks sales paper lol. The power disc packs will be bogo for a dollar during the event. I'll be trading my extra Abu for a Buzz and my extra Nemo sky for the Nemo terrain. Does anyone know if the goody bags will be given out when the store opens or when the event starts?
Names Randy Boggs, scaring major, I bet we're going to be the best of friends!

rank_0
Randall_Boggs
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events