What is your plan of attack for building?

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

What is your plan of attack for building?

Postby chriscwest45 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Hey all. I was just thinking about all the threads with people talking about coming together to build things in the toy box, which is awesome, but I was wondering what people were planning to do to unlock everything to use. Is everyone just going to bang through all the play sets collecting everything before even starting a toy box or hitting the floor running hoping you don't need anything not unlocked?

I was thinking since they said building in the toy box people can use what they unlocked even if not everyone playing has unlocked that thing (you just can't edit it). That if people wanted to start on a recreation quickly everyone building could play different play sets so between all 4 people everything would be available. For instance I want to help build disney world/land and am getting the Lone Ranger playset which I know everyone isn't getting but would be good for making frontier land. I could play through that while the other three play through the starter playlets and then split into two for the cars and mystery playset.

What would you think to do.
chriscwest45
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Re: What is your plan of attack for building?

Postby FROZOFAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 am

I have to say, this is a great idea but are we sure it works that way? In online multiplayer, can we use anything we have unlocked, or is it dependent on what the host of the game has unlocked?

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby chriscwest45 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 am

In one of the demos from SDCC (I think) they said that that is how it worked. You can use toys others you multiplayer with have placed but you can't edit them unless you have them.

I
chriscwest45
XBL ID:

Postby FROZOFAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 am

Okay but what happens once the session ends? I doubt that you will be able to continue using items you haven't unlocked or purchased once your friend leaves the game?. I could be wrong, but there is little incentive to get items yourself if you can just take them from friends.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby chriscwest45 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 am

Just in that one toy box session you can. But you can't place anymore, delete them or edit them. That's what they said at least. We'll see exactly how it works soon I suppose!
chriscwest45
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations