Inside Out (Pixar) - June 2015

Inside Out (Pixar) - June 2015

Postby buckmana » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:35 am

This is the nearest Pixar offering:

http://pixar.wikia.com/Inside_Out

I'm quite looking forward to the concept of this one, it sounds interesting and quirky.

I am curious as to how they'll create Riley though.
So far, the concept art hasn't made to the internet yet.

I'm expecting cuteness will the order of the day, be prepared for lots of "Awwww, she's so cute!" when we finally found out what she looks like.

Edit: Found a brief description, from an (unseen on the internet) animation test.
"Blonde with black headband".
I was kindof hoping she wouldn't be blonde, as it's somewhat overdone.

However, I'm expecting she won't be a typical girly girl.
Maybe there will be something offbeat about her or she'll have tomboy characteristics.
Since they're comparing her to Merida, I'm assuming she has to have a strong persona.

And since part of the film is about her dominating her environment due to personal upheaval (her family moves from a quiet town to a big city, she doesn't take it well), I expect she'll have to be quite forceful, to play off the adults (probably her parents) in the movie.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Disgust looks like an interesting character, I hope they keep that design.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Inside Out (Pixar) - June 2015

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Nice! :) Can't wait to see the teaser trailer of it! :)
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:44 am

Pixar reveals plot details of 'Inside Out,' starring Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, and more

If you thought you were excited before…

Pixar just revealed plot details of its latest animated tale, Inside Out, which will take viewers inside the mind of an 11-year-old girl named Riley.

Pixar writes: “Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it’s no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions — Joy (Amy Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley’s mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley’s main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.”

Inside Out will be released June 19, 2015.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ntnon » Thu May 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Sounds like the old "Numbskulls" comic strip... worked quite well as a one-page 2D comic; very unconvinced it'll sustain an animated film... and much as I like Ms Poehler and Mr Black, I'm not overwhelmed by the cast, either. The only way is up, I guess, from low expectations...!

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby Star Command » Sat May 31, 2014 7:07 pm

'This movie is something that has been done a few times before... however, I'm interested in seeing what Pixar will do with this concept.
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Agent C » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 pm

I am actually looking forward to seeing Pixar's take on this. From what I have seen so far, it looks pretty good.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 am

Pixar Reveals Major Details of Upcoming Film ‘Inside Out’

Director Pete Docter offered up a tantalizing look at the 2015 animated feature

The brain behind “Inside Out” gave the world its first extended look at a feature film all about the human mind.

Pete Docter presented concept art, some working footage, and a deeper plot synopsis at a panel at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on Tuesday. The Oscar-winning director of “Up” explained that the film follows the life of a young girl as she learns to experience feelings and deal with the real world; sort of like in “Up,” the beginning of the film shows her early years, with color-coded and anthropomorphized emotions popping up based on corresponding events.

At PixarTimes.com, a reader sent in a description of the early montage that was shown to audiences at the festival:

Joy is her first emotion. Joy seems happy on her own, but then sadness appears. When Riley is being fed broccoli, Disgust appears. When her father threatens no dessert without eating her broccoli, Anger makes an appearance. Fear is introduced when she looks at a cable on the floor cautiously and then steps over. We also see the emotions watching her first important memory appear. Memories can be called up for Riley to recall on a sort of projection in Headquarters.

Docter told the crowd that the little girl was in part based on his own daughter, Ellie, who he noticed changing as she reached her pre-teen years. But, as PixarPost.com noted, the little girl really is just the conduit for the story, which mostly takes place in his her mind (not her brain, exactly; this is more metaphysical) and features stars like Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, and Mindy Kaling as the voices of her emotions.

The story really picks up when Riley and her parents move from a small town to San Francisco, and on the first day of her new school, Joy and Sadness tussle and fall out into the far reaches of her mind — which really isn't all that unusual for a 12-year-old, anyway.

For animation fans, the news that famed “Looney Toons” cartoonists Chuck Jones and Tex Avery are inspirations for the art is quite exciting, as well.

The film hits theaters on June 19, 2015.

Source: The Wrap

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Spider-Man » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:48 am

I hope they put this is infinity
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:32 am

I hope so too! Last year at D23 Expo I saw about 10-15 mins of voice acting/story boarding. It was Phenomenal!
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv