Play on a Banned Xbox 360?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Play on a Banned Xbox 360?

Postby Celtic67 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to get started with Disney Infinity and am trying to figure out which console to buy it for. I've got a Wii, an Xbox 360, and an Xbox One.

So far, it looks like the 360 might be the best option as I can get all 3 games on there, whereas the One doesn't have the original. Many years ago my 360 was banned from Xbox Live when I fitted a non-standard hard drive. I'm struggling to find out whether that'll cause any problems with Disney Infinity. Do any of the downloaded bits come through Xbox Live? Is there DLC that I'd get from there?

My Live account is fine, so if I do need to use Live, I'll get it on the One. To get the full range, I could always get the original for my Wii.

Thanks for any advice that anyone can give.

James

rank_0
Celtic67
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Play on a Banned Xbox 360?

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:45 pm

You can play the game as is on the banned console. As for updates you can't use some figures as they require an update. If I remember correctly you can update via usb so that's an option too

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Celtic67 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:38 am

That's good, thanks. I've had plenty of practice adding updates by USB, so I should be OK. I'll go ahead & buy the original version for my 360.

I'm sure it was included in the backwards compatibility list for the One but isn't there now. Hopefully they'll sort that & I'll be able to move over, even if it means buying another base.

rank_0
Celtic67
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Games that require extra peripherals like infinity, skylanders or Kinect games won't be backwards compatible unfortunately

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help