Issues Issues Issues

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Issues Issues Issues

Postby skieferins » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if you could help me in my predicament ?

Currently I have the Wii version of Infinity 1.0, I am in two minds about upgrading to the Wii-U or possibly the PS3...My massive reservations are :

1. The Wii-U handheld tablet thingy, I don't want my kids getting stooped necks and locking into that world whereas if they use the TV we can all play along and interact together.

2. I know the Infinity pieces are interchangeable between consoles so I'll not have to re-buy the current Infinity pieces but my kids have around 40 great games on the Wii, so buying a PS3 would mean the only reason for a PS3 is to play Infinity 2.0 and the new Star Wars Infinity....All these games are on the Wii-U, so is it worth getting a PS3 or is the Wii-U as good as the PS3 for Infinity ?

3. One thing I cannot do, is to get my kids to play 2 player co-op on the Infinity games, I have the Incredibles collection, The Lone Ranger Playset, The Toy Story 3 characters playset yet it appears the Infinity only allows 1 player at a time...Can my kids play 2 player co-op using Toy Story playset on Wii-U or PS3 ?

4. One last thing, how do I play the character games in the Wii version ? My kids have Jack Skellington and Rapunzel,Elsa and Anna , I have read that they have there own mini games...How do I access them ?

Many thanks

rank_0
skieferins

Re: Issues Issues Issues

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 pm

1. The Gamepad can be fun for Off TV play. For regular TV play, they don't have to look at it much.

2. Depends on the games they like to play. Wii U is great for family games. Also, there is a free download of the 1.0 DI game for US players.

3. The Wii version of 1.0 was very stripped down and limited. 2 player co-op is totally available in the Wii U and PS3 versions.

4. Not sure if these were available on the Wii version or not.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Re: Issues Issues Issues

Postby megadrive2 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:16 pm

I highly recommend the Wii U, both my daughters play Infinity on theirs and there is loads of other family friendly games they love like, Lego City Undercover, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Wooley World, Kirby, Mario Maker etc. Plus having the digital versions of 1.0,2.0 & 3.0 in one place and not having to change discs is very handy.
The gamepad screen is also optional for infinity, and also come in handy if you need the TV for other thing while they are still in the middle of playing.
If you were debating between Wii U & PS4 then there would be benefits to consider for either, but between the Wii U & PS3 it's Wii U hands down the winner for sure.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help