Switching Consoles

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Switching Consoles

Postby The Disney Dork » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:24 am

Ever since 1.0 I've been playing on the Wii U, but I've been thinking about purchasing a PS4...so I wanted to see if any of you guys could answer my questions about compatibility before I go ahead and make the switch from playing Infinity on the Wii U to playing it on the PS4.

So first, the base. Will I need to track down a base that's compatible with the PS4, or will the one that came with the Wii U version work with it? I'm not sure if it's the same USB or not.

And second...the game itself. Is there some sort of downloadable version on the PS4 (like just digitally downloading the toy box and then using all of your stuff on it to get the playsets, etc) or will I need the physical PS4 disc? I really hope it's not the latter, because I'm not looking to buy an entire new starter pack or anything.

Hopefully you guys can help me out, thanks in advance.

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Switching Consoles

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:29 am

Your wii u base will work for ps4 so you won't need a new one.

There is a digital download (that's what I have in the UK at least).

Where are you based as we have standalone discs here as well.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby The Disney Dork » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:35 am

Just checked on the online shop and it is indeed there for us in the US! And the fact that my Wii U base will work with the PS4 is great, I'm so happy I won't have to buy an entire new starter pack! Thanks a bunch!

Just one more question...figure data carries over right? Like for example, all of my characters are fully leveled up on the Wii U, but will they go back to level 0 when I put them in the PS4 version? Or will I just have to do the share ownership thing? As for the playsets, I was told that I will have to re-do those...but that's not much of an issue for me.

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:09 am

Figures should carry their levels over if you share ownership (but I've only one console so can't say for sure). But yes anything you unlocked on the wii u will need to be redone as saves don't transfer between consoles. Hope that helps

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help