ai on path not attacking when ignore outside influences off

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

ai on path not attacking when ignore outside influences off

Postby gloomis » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:29 pm

I've noticed that post patch, the ai is acting inconsistent when it comes to attacking. I have troops running along a path and they are set to NOT ignore outside influences... but when they get close to an enemy they just keep running while turning their whole upper body around to look at the enemy... but not attack. Is this a glitch? Im not doing anything different from before so I dont know whats wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?

rank_0
gloomis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: ai on path not attacking when ignore outside influences

Postby imachiiine » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:39 pm

[hi gloomis, i too am having issues with the path creator on ps4. i think the tool is glitchy as well. i've tried simplifying my routes to a basic strait line and still dont get the desired effect.]
imachiiine

Postby gloomis » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 am

I too am on ps4 and thats not the only issue ive encountered. The ai dont return to path after attacking, even when they are set to... they just hang out. If its not that then they are getting tripped up at a point along path by some invisable something causing a pile up and stuck until an enemy hopefully snaps them out of it when in range. I hope the devs can see this and if I have to post it in a different section to better my chances I will, because this should get fixed.

rank_0
gloomis
PSN ID:

Postby gloomis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Just bumping this topic in hopes a dev will fix this issue for the upcoming patch in march for battlegrounds. This site is usually pretty good when it comes to dev support but for this issue of the pathing ai bug ( which has ruined my experience with the game, after all the time and money invested) they wont comment on the issue. I really hope they fix this because such a glaring problem is unnacceptable! Its a shame because I really love this game.

rank_0
gloomis
PSN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:41 am

@gloomis as these are unofficial forums there is literally NO guarantee anyone who works for Disney will see your posts here. Have you e-mailed support or posted these issues on the official forums?

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KesselRunImports » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey gloomis, I have experienced the same thing you are describing. I have an enemy on a path set not to ignore outside influences, and to get him to attack I have to walk right up to him and hit him. I have also seen the invisible barrier thing, where it seems the enemy on the path thinks it has reached the end and either keeps walking in place or turns around mid-path.

rank_0
KesselRunImports

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help