N XBOX 360: HOW TO RE-TRIGGER DISNEY ACCOUNT LOGIN?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: N XBOX 360: HOW TO RE-TRIGGER DISNEY ACCOUNT LOGIN?

Postby Calysto » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Parental controls are a system feature, in this case console feature, that helps parents restrict and controls what their children do on the console. One of the more frequent uses is precisely restrict the use of online gameplay.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Badger98 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 pm

I have the only xbox live account, and I think it is only linked to my profile on the xbox. Could this be why he doesn't see any online options in the game when using his profile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rank_0
Badger98

Postby Badger98 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:53 am

I think I've determined that the issue is that my son is using a "local" Xbox profile that does not have an Xbox live account associated with it, whereas my profile is associated with an Xbox live account. I can only guess that the Disney Infinity game is looking at the profile for an Xbox live account, and without it, the online options are turned off.

Seems simple enough to resolve by creating an Xbox live account for my son, but unfortunately there is no way to associate an Xbox live account with an existing profile, and no way to create a child Xbox live account on the Xbox console. This is very frustrating, as there does not appear to be any way for my son to retain his game progress and enable the online game options.

If you have any other thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rank_0
Badger98

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help