Game language in french??

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Game language in french??

Postby bleu4ever » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:36 pm

help how do I fix this :( I live in holland but I'm american I picked up the game yesterday and as soon as I started playing, it was in french and I dont know how to change it I'm on a Xbox and my language is set to english on the console but the game stays french should I bring it back and exchange it? what should I do please Help

Thanks
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Re: Game language in french??

Postby Zazaaji » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Change you Xbox's region to USA or England, then set language to English again. Turn off and turn back on your Xbox (DO NOT restart it, full on/off cycle), and try it again. It should be in English now. After you confirm it is, you should be able to change your region back to Holland without touching the language setting, and it should still be English.
Want a custom made avatar using your favorite characters from DI? PM me

rank_50
Zazaaji
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AGBinCH » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Did anyone find a way to change the language? I bought a copy of the PS3 version in Germany and expected it to work in English because the flags on the back of the box it said the game could play in English (or French) but I don't find any way to change from German. System language is already English.

Called Disney Switzerland and the tech said they didn't have a solution in their database. He suggested to submit an email via the main Disney page (still waiting for an acknowledgement of the email or an answer).

rank_0
AGBinCH
Main Console: PS3

Postby KillingRaptor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:08 pm

That is very strange... Normally when the system language is English on your PlayStation your game should also be in English. Are there any other games that are in German or only this one?
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby AGBinCH » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:30 pm

Book of Spells came bundled with the system (Super Slim model, purchased here in Switzerland) and played in English.

We also bought Assasin's Creed III in Switzerland and that switched to English fine.

Skyrim purchased here was in French only and had to be repurchased from the UK, but on closer reading of the packaging, the French version didn't claim to play in English (actually says 'Version française integrale'), so I realized I was wrong to assume that it could switch at all. Hence my vigilance when buying games since. Because DI 2.0 has the UK flag on the back along with other languages I assumed it would switch immediately.

Is there more than one place where I need to switch languages?

rank_0
AGBinCH

Postby wtimblin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Has anyone successfully changed the language yet? I bought the XBox 360 version for my son for his birthday today. We live in Germany and the box has the Union Jack on it, but whenever I go into the game it is in French! I have changed my system settings on the Xbox to English and UK region but still no luck. My son is not too bothered as he is just smashing things up in the game, but without the right language it is going to be very difficult to compete missions. Unless we learn French of course! Desperate for an answer here

rank_0
wtimblin
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 pm

@wtimblim it sounds to me like the completely incorrect disc was packaged with your game. I would email support via the official site and they will likely mail you the appropriate disc.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby wtimblin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Thanks for that, I think I will try that. Cheers for the advice

rank_0
wtimblin
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby AGBinCH » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:43 am

Just wanted to follow up on my posts from earlier in the month. Disney's helpdesk got back to me and confirmed that the disc in the PS3 version sold in Germany is in fact German language ONLY. They were really good about sorting it out and we're playing in English now. The kids are having loads of fun now. :D

rank_0
AGBinCH

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help