Farming Questions

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Farming Questions

Postby KnightDriver » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:23 pm

I've created my own farm (not the Hub farm) and had a lot of problems with system resources using the farm items. I have one whole half of my farm that I can't buy the plots or use them for some reason.Also, I'm wondering if there is a way to have the sidekicks work the farm while I'm away. When I quit the farm, if they are still planting, I "save & exit" but when I come back, the sidekicks are gone and the only crops are the ones that were planted before I left. It was my understanding that you could leave and come back and there would be progress. What am I doing wrong?

Last, has anyone got a better way to harvest? I've been using the Gravity Falls golf cart and its sonic weapon to uproot the plants and then driving over them with the cart. I tried using a plane, but it wouldn't fly low enough to be useful and I also tried a copter and a flying disc (like Spider-Man's or the Jack O' Lantern one).

Any ideas or help appreciated!
KD
Friend me on PS4 (konkrypton) & Disney Infinity (KnightDriver)!

rank_50
KnightDriver
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Farming Questions

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 pm

if you are interested, as you are on PS4 send a friend request to T7GGA and you can download the DisneyInfinityFans Farm toy box that i am sharing. unlimited ready to harvest sidekick food. video below ...

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:51 pm

I also have a question: How do I unlock the soil to make my own farm in the toybox?

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby KnightDriver » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am

Stitch, you have to raise a certain number of crops in the hub farm before they'll unlock, then you can purchase them in the Toy Store.

Sheriff Woody, I'll do that! Thanks! :)
KD

rank_50
KnightDriver
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby monkyby87 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm confused when you say you can't buy the plots. Are you still farming in that tutorial farm from the hub? If so, that's a waste of sparks and time. If not then I'm not really sure what you mean.

Sadly, the farm can not be tended to while you are not physically in the box. The crops will grow, but they won't be continually watered, planted, etc. You can fill it with sidekicks, but once you leave that farm all of the sidekicks will vanish, and the last one you placed will follow you around after that. So there will be progress in your farm, but sidekicks won't stick around.

But it kind of makes sense it does that, because sidekicks can't harvest crops. So, even if sidekicks stayed in the farm, once the crops were all planted and fully grown they'd all stop working with nothing to do until the player physically harvests them. What I do is wait around for all the plots to have been planted, and then quit, as the only thing left to do is water and let the crops grow. It would be nice if any sidekicks that are set to water would stick around, but oh well I suppose.

For harvesting, I don't use the bulldozer thing as seen in the video, as it's a little hard to control and is slow. I actually use one of the Tron vehicles and use the same machine guns. That speeds it up a bit. I don't use any of the vehicle specific weapons, I use the ones from the tools and pack.

rank_250
monkyby87
Main Console: Wii U
Disney ID:

Postby npgcole » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:28 am

I also have a question as a farming beginner. How do you you get to grow more of the obscure stuff rather than just tomatoes, corn, carrots, lettuce, etc? Because that's all I can ever grow.
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:05 am

The game automatically gives you a new crop after a while and eventually you'll get all 20
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby BakedRaven » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:08 am

Getting a more advanced hoe from the maze can help, but it's not necessary. I unlocked all the crop hats with a regular hoe. Sidekicks wearing hats for tier 1 crops (tomatoes, carrots, corn, sunflowers, lettuce) will occasionally plant tier 2 crops (candy corn, pizza, cotton candy, green jelly, churros), etc...

I do recommend getting a watering can for the tier 3 (pooh's hunny, mickey pops, minnie's cupcakes, flik's grain, pumba's grubs) and tier 4 (jack o lanterns, lollipops, chocolate coins, magic beans, mushrooms) crops. And of course, do your farming in your own toy box. The farm plot should unlock when you have all 5 tier 1 hats.

rank_0
BakedRaven
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KnightDriver » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:14 am

@Monkyby87, I'm not using the hub farm, but If you put down the "rocky earth" plots you have to "buy" them to expand your farm. If you've ever played FarmVille (I have a FB friend that dragged me into it), I was trying to "play" the farm toy box, meaning that to expand the farm I had to earn it. Problem was, my farm was too big and the PS4 was giving me System Resource warnings because of the number of farm items I was using. Problem solved, as I now realize I had to make the farm smaller and did away with the un-bought plots. It bugs me that the DI maxes out my PS4 when games like The Last of Us Remastered run just fine with much higher graphics shading. Not really sure why DI is such a resource hog, but that's not really germaine, so I'll stop complaining. ;)

I've also realized over the last couple days that my farm toy box is corrupted. I've noticed the sidekicks are working AROUND the plots, not in them. They're digging and watering the edge of the plot and stuff is popping up in the center of the plot. And a couple of plots aren't being filled at all. Not sure what's happened, only that it appears corrupt and I've even tried removing the old plots and putting in new ones. I've got sidekicks standing INSIDE of the stone walls, digging and planting stuff 20 feet away. Weirdest thing I've seen 3.0 do so far. So anyway, I DL'd Woody's farm and learned a few things to make my next farm a better one.

Thanks you guys! One of the reasons I love this game is the community that's sprung up around it. You guys rock!
KD

rank_50
KnightDriver
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help