local co-op - your impressions?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

local co-op - your impressions?

Postby QuietDroid » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Hey all,

My wife and I are interested in playing co-op on our Xbox One. (both in the Play Sets and the Toy Box)
How does it feel? Is the split screen view enjoyable? Does each player level up the specific figure they are playing as?
Are there collectibles/areas only accessible when playing co-op? Is it too easy with 2 players?

Thanks for your thoughts!

rank_0
QuietDroid
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Steam:

Re: local co-op - your impressions?

Postby braiko » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Local co-op is potentially the most fun way to play the game. There are even co-op challenges in the playsets specifically to be entered with 2 players. And yes, both figures level up. I play on extreme difficulty which could still be a challenge with 2 players.

My favourite moment so far was me as Chewie riding around Tatooine on a bantha, when Darth Vader flew overhead in a Skyhopper and tow-cabled the bantha, dragging it into the air and trailing behind it for a while as it flew around.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby Lucidinferno » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Local co-op is how I play the majority of the time. The split screen works nearly perfectly, and the players can travel as far as they want from each other. The only flaw with the camera is that when entering into a race in the toy box, the split screen stays vertical, making it more difficult to see the turns coming up. There has been a major improvement since 1.0 and 2.0, in that the camera pulls back further in 3.0 when a character hops in a vehicle. If you do get the Speedway extension, though, the screen is horizontal.

When playing with two players, the level-up sparks are distributed evenly between the players. In other words, if you collect two sparks, you get one and your partner gets one.

There are no collectables or areas that are only accessible when playing co-op. There might be a feat or two that can only be completely when playing co-op, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

The only downfall I can think of when playing two players is, when completing the challenges, the medals don't count towards the feats in the specific play sets. If you want to get the toys the feats unlock when completing the challenges, you'll have to play one player.

Is it too easy? When both players are leveled up, and the game is set on extreme, it's still a challenge.

Disney Infinity is great when played one player, and even better when two people play. My son and I race to see who can complete the goals first, which often leads to one or the other attacking the other player, which then leads to an all out brawl. The game is also more forgiving in the play sets when player co-op; if one of the players "die", the other can choose to revive that player.

The game was built around the co-op experience; it's not some half-baked, value added feature. It works nearly perfectly, and with the sandbox mode of the toy box, it's a blast. I can't recommend it highly enough.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
XBL ID:

Postby gloomis » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:11 pm

The characters on the base will also recognize, acknowledge and have brief dialouge with eachother... that blew my mind. The enemy ai in the toybox can also recognize your character and comment. I love that!

rank_0
gloomis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help