Creativitoy connections not working

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Creativitoy connections not working

Postby Sinistersmithy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi I started to create a new world and it was going great until the triggers and logic connections stopped working. I can't even get my towns person to stand still. My previous connections were fine then I started to use the path creator and made connection to an actor and went wrong from there. Anyone else had this problem?

rank_0
Sinistersmithy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Re: Creativitoy connections not working

Postby CCRunner524 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:08 pm

What exact connections are you doing? Also the Townsperson stand still is the main one that tends to break.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sinistersmithy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi I am trying to connect a trigger area that connects to the path creator that my townsperson walks along. A camera and text creator is also connected. Maybe I just have too much going on ha. My townsperson won't walk the path I've created or stand still its so frustrating :/.

rank_0
Sinistersmithy
XBL ID:

Postby semerien » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Stand Still is infamous for not working very well, especially after a townsperson has walked a path.

Try another action instead, that also forces them to stand still. Try disapprove or admire maybe.

Also, every point on a path can be used as a trigger area. You can make a logic connection from a path point so that path point:object reaches point on path -> can hook up to the logic you are trying to activate.

As for the path no longer working . First thing I would check is in the path creator properties. Make sure activate (the first property) is set to On. If you use a logic connection to send a signal to the path creator:off and then save the toy box, that path creator will load turned off. When it's off, sending it any signal (like reset and play) won't do anything.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby Sinistersmithy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Ok I will try that. Thanks a lot for your help :).

rank_0
Sinistersmithy
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help