Deleting a Power Disc?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Deleting a Power Disc?

Postby Cerez » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:33 am

This is probably gonna sound a little funny, but is there a way to remove/delete a power disc from my Hall of Heroes and Collection?

I have a couple of power discs I've tried and I don't like, and I do not want to have them in my collection, but the game added them the moment they were used in-game, and never asked me if I actually wanted to "own" them.

Is there a way to remove them from my Hall of Heroes and my digital collection on the Xbox 360 without having to ditch the save file?

rank_0
Cerez
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Deleting a Power Disc?

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:14 am

No, there's no way to remove them. Does having them in there really bother you?

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Cerez » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:53 am

Y-yupp. Actually, what bothers me more is that the developers never even thought of the possibility of a player not wanting the whole package, and instead designed the game to be one way only -- all or nothing. The idea that drives this design drives me up the wall.

Edit: Why does my collection have to look the way they want it to look like? Why can't I customise my collection and decide which items I want to keep?

I like the game, but I can have my own reasons for liking it. I don't have to like it the way they want me to like it, do I?

rank_0
Cerez

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:40 am

Considering we're in the 3rd iteration of the game and this is literally the first time I've ever heard this complaint before, I don't think this was a major issue they needed to worry about.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby vynsane » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:36 pm

By design, the game is displaying "holes" in your collection on purpose, in order to entice you to complete it. Your feelings on the matter are a symptom of that design.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Cerez » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:44 am

rank_0
Cerez

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:05 am

Again, 3 years and never heard this complaint before, so I wouldn't call it a missing feature or a design flaw.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby vynsane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:21 am

I don't see how my statement can be construed as saying it's good (or bad, for that matter). I'm merely pointing out that their intention was to illicit that kind of "gotta have them all" mindset. I will say that the holes in my collection somewhat bother me, but not enough to fill them just for the sake of filling them.

Out of curiosity, does the system allow you to remove characters? Ive never tried.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 am

^If you reset a figure it will get rid of your ownership and remove it from the collection.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help