Which figures should i get?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Which figures should i get?

Postby buckmana » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:28 pm

My personal opinion, Violet is the best all rounder.

Her invisibility allows her to strike with surprise attacks or hide when the going gets tough.
The forceshield is the most formidable block in the game.
And the forceblasts are the best ranged/close combat powers in the game.

So, I think you're covered.

The others though, I'd just go with personal taste, get the ones from the movies\shows you like.

Again, this is personal, but I found Mrs Incredible and Dash weak in battle.
The Cars characters are tricky to handle if you're used to humanoid characters.

I don't know how the other figures deal with the game, since I don't own any of them.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Which figures should i get?

Postby Maserati777 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 am

It really depends on what characters you like, as you'll usually be able to overlook the negative attributes to a character if you like the character.

Violet is really the best character in The Incredibles set for the missions that don't involve combat because of her invisibility, both Mr. Incredible and Syndrome can pick up enemies and objects and throw them so if you don't mind endless combat you can do the missions quicker. Mrs. Incredible's elasti hand can help you finish missions by going in alternate routes to the predetermined one, for example I saw someone get the plant on the building without wall jumping. Dash can move fast but he's really hard to control. If you hit something Dash is thrown back and it takes a while for him to get back up.

If your looking for characters to use in the toy box you have Violet, who while invisible can ride any elephant and take out bad guys without being attacked since she has to be visible to do any other attack. Of course the bad guys will shoot the elephant after you attack them so you have to jump off, but most villains break after one hit.

Vanellope's glitch attack is really good. She's also really fast and much easier to control then Dash if you want to go fast in a short distance.

Mickey's attacks can hit multiple villains at once.

Rapunzel's frying pan can be flung at multiple villains in different directions and because it's based on a scope all you have to do is turn Rapunzel around a throw and it will hit the target every time, you don't have to aim. Even if the villain is off camera behind you. There's really no wait time in between each throw either, that said her frying pan is best when used with her, as a pack you can only use it like a bat.

Syndrome can use his zero point energy attack on some villains but he can't use it on all, especially the villains that are designed to last multiple rounds in combat. It's really best against the weaker villains like Omnidroids, it doesn't even work on Maccus.

All the Monsters characters can roar as their attack or use toilet paper or paint balls and all the TS characters have a small pixar ball, both of these sets work better with different packs or tools. The toilet paper and paintball gun work like guns so you have to aim, the pixar ball works like the frying pan so you don't have to aim but it doesn't do much damage. Randy's invisibility is not as good as Violet as you have to continuously hold down the button.

The bombs in the game are not that good as you can't control them so you usually miss and theres a wait time before you can throw again. I think Vanellope has the upper hand on Ralph as being the better character. The blunderpuss has a wait time between each hit but it is very strong.

The cars all work like mounts, and all you can do is shoot missiles but you have to be right in front of the villain or you can slide to each side maybe knocking a villain over if they are standing directly next to you. I wouldn't use Cars characters for combat.

Jack Skellington is pretty much pirate bombs mixed with roaring. I mean if you bought the starter pack he is Jack mixed with Sulley.

Personally I think Anna was short-shafted in the game, most characters have three attacks, the ground pound then two other attacks, Elsa for example has a show ball which can be thrown and steered in flight but also a strong gust of snow, the snow ball freezes only, the gust will actually destroy the villain after multiple hits. Anna has the ground pound and she can hit the villain with a shovel either by hitting similar to Dash's punch or spinning like Mrs. Incredible, but her third attack is the Grappling hook which is like the elasti hand but unlike Mrs. Incredible it's doesn't do anything in combat except bring the bad guy closer to you. It would have been awesome if you threw the hook, grabbed the bad guy then flung him off, or even spinning around with the hook so you'd be able to cover the area and knock out multiple villains like Mrs. Incredible but you can't.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions