TRU Midnight Order for In Store Pickup

retail availability, prices and special offers

TRU Midnight Order for In Store Pickup

Postby Psypher » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Toys R Us stated that at midnight you can order everything online for pickup at 8am tomorrow. Do you think this is a good idea? Do you really think they will set the stock aside before they open at 8am? I would be upset if they didn't. Do you think it's a better idea to just get their early and buy it all off the shelf?
Psypher
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: TRU Midnight Order for In Store Pickup

Postby RapturePanic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:34 pm

I know the TRU I shop at always has employees in the store at 6am and overnight orders are backlogged into their handheld devices. So, in theory at least, there should be someone pulling all the overnight orders between 6 and 8.

rank_100
RapturePanic
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby TheFlyingDonkey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Good luck to those poor souls. Third shift is rough! I wish there was a way to send them overnight orders of love and hugs to make them smile between orders<3<3

rank_100
TheFlyingDonkey
Main Console: PS4

Postby Psypher » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Are the in-store deals going to apply for these midnight online orders? Like the buy one get one 50% off and the buy one get one $1 PDPs?
Psypher
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby SketchFox7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Even if the BOGO isn't for the online orders, I plan on getting the I.C.S. Lightning McQueen either way. Just so I don't have to worry about getting him.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Figment74 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:09 am

Just Came from my local TRU, and the manager advised that the Employees need to be in @ 4:00 am in prep for the 8:00 am open. I Plan on placing my order @ 00:01 EST, and then pick-up sometime later in the morning. If everything is paid for no sense in fighting the 'crowds' first thing in the morning. Besides @ 0800 I'll be at target getting my 2 play sets for 50% off.

This time tomorrow I'll have actual Figures in my hands! Can hardly stand it. It's like Christmas Eve when I was 10.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby SlyCoug » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:12 am

Figment, do you know for sure that it changes at midnight eastern or could it be a different time zone? Just trying to plan accordingly :)

rank_100
SlyCoug
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Figment74 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:55 am

Excellent Question. All documentation that I was able to locate indicated Midnight, but failed to mention the Timezone. Since this is a USA Promotion, I presume that they will be going with the first Timezone in the US, which is EST. So I guess I'll find out at midnight (about 3 hours from now)
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby joltdawg » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:09 am

I'm not sure, I'm going to give it a try tonight just so it frees up my time so I can run to Target first to get the play sets. They will have some very angry customers if they don't go pick the items off the shelf!
joltdawg

Next

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales