ToysRUs Price Match?

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: ToysRUs Price Match?

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 pm

^I did this exact thing. I went online and bought sidekicks pack for 14.99 and Cars Playset for 19.99 but had them ship it to the store for free. So tomorrow afternoon I will be picking them up at Walmart. Sure I had to wait a couple days but at that price it was worth it.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vortimous » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:42 am

It really depends on the TRU. TRUs web site says they price match, but only at participating locations. So you basically have to call and ask. My TRU price matched Targets add and gave me both playsets at 17 whatever. But they did require the paper to see the add, infact, they even tore the section of it out because they said they needed it to send in with the price match deal. I think it was more along the lines that they didn't want me giving it to the other guests checking out when I was done. I was planning on helping this other couple out, but since they took the article, I told them they would have to go buy a paper.... I think they did just that to get the pricematch.

But call your TRU and ask before you go. Some do, some don't....
Vortimous

"Winning isn't everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"

rank_100
Vortimous
Main Console: PS3

Postby KermitGreen82 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:05 am

Well we went to Target and instead of price matching the power discs we price matched the 3 pack character sets with the walmart.com price. It took a while for them to look it up on their little ipad because their app wasnt recognizing the sku number. So we purchase the Cars set on sale at Target and both the character packs for the walmart price AND I have a rain check for the Lone Ranger set. So glad I didnt have to buy any of them at Walmart.

Plus one of the employees was over there when we went to pick out my sets and I started telling him about all the characters that were coming out. He wants to buy the game but his wife doesn't. He said he might do it anyway. :) But we had a good time talking with him and he actually ended up helping us with the price match too.

And I think I'll still have someone pick up some power discs for me at TRU before the sale ends. My parents and sister live near one so I'm hoping they can get a few for me.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Animal7390 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:19 am

i was able to price match the online walmart pricing and target at toys r us. just pulled it on my phone and showed them. this is their policy. there is an option in their system for .com sites.
Animal7390

Postby KermitGreen82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Well I stopped in Walmart for a few things yesterday and they had the prices marked down to match their website finally. Too little too late though. :)
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby soccerdude21490 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:12 pm

I can't stand going to Walmart, but yeah the fact that they don't price match their own website is a joke haha.

Only time I go there is if they have exclusive or something (plus our walmart is in the top 5% of crime rate of all walmarts, it's really run down and sad -- so I just go to Target ha)
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:15 pm

My target is about 40 mins away. We try not to go too often because of that. Walmart is about all we have access too regularly so I'm kind of stuck until we figure out where we want to move to/my hubby finds a new job.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby avex » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 am

As others have stated, I too, cannot stand Walmart and will only go there if I run out of options. When I ordered the sidekick and villains pack for in store pick up, they only had the villains pack available for pick up and changed my sidekick order to store delivery. Aside from them not price matching their own website, I thought it was weird how shipping to my home was faster than shipping to store.

At launch, I went to TRU to pick up my online order and while waiting at the counter for them to bring my items, I noticed the "price match" sign. I went back to electronics, hoping to price match Target's play set price (so I wouldn't have to make another trip) and the lady in electronics said they aren't price matching DI items. After getting home, I read that other people were able to price match at TRU. I didn't feel like pressing the matter and would try my luck at Target, hoping the playsets were still in stock.

In my experience, Target price matching has been the most hassle free. Whether it's scoring Tomb Raider for a dollar, or price matching sidekick/villain packs, it's been relatively pain free. Plus, in these neck of the woods, there are some Target's that are less than 10, even 5 miles away from each other (which I still don't understand).

rank_0
avex
Main Console: PS3

Postby KermitGreen82 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:40 am

I don't understand that either! Why build them so close?? But in my experience through all of this Target has been the best. I have never tried TRU though.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!

rank_50
KermitGreen82

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales