the cost of Disney Infinity in Mexico

retail availability, prices and special offers

the cost of Disney Infinity in Mexico

Postby Mr. Mike Skelleton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:28 am

Sorry for not using my account in so much time, but I just couldn´t, sorry for that!

Well, I´ve just came back to the forums and, unfortunately It is for complaining:

Very probably, I´m the only Mexican person in the forums, but maybe people from other countries have the same problem.
While in the USA the Starter pack will cost $75, in Mexico it will cost $1,800 pesos, that is approximately $140 DOLLARS! And don´t wanna imagine the cost of figures, 3-packs, playsets, and Power Disc Packs!! Something similar happened with Skylanders, but not so extreme. At my local Blockbuster, they don´t know the price of ANYTHING!!
Another problem is the availability, because at the same Blockbuster they ONLY have 6 DIFFERENT Skylanders!! PLease tell us why do you think videogames become SO expensive outside the USA, and if the same happens in your country. In the end I had to buy almost the complete Wave 1 in Amazon, and some uncles will bring all the stuff to me, so I won´t have the opportunity to unbox nothing appart from the Starter Pack! :(
There's children throwing snowballs
Instead of throwing heads.
They're busy building toys
And absolutely no one's dead!
(AWESOME avatar made by: toops)

rank_0
Mr. Mike Skelleton
Main Console: PS4

Re: Disney Infinity in Mexico

Postby MA1234 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 am

Mexico simply has higher distribution costs, lower economies of scale and much higher importer duties/tariffs/taxes.
MA1234

Postby Mr. Mike Skelleton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:56 am

Poor us! Haha!
There's children throwing snowballs
Instead of throwing heads.
They're busy building toys
And absolutely no one's dead!
(AWESOME avatar made by: toops)

rank_0
Mr. Mike Skelleton
Main Console: PS4

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 am

Oh, that sucks, I'm so sorry. :( There's a mark-up in Europe, but it's not that extreme. Is it possible this is the maximum recommended retail price for the preorders, and once it's released you may start seeing better deals?

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Re: the cost of Disney Infinity in Mexico

Postby ll_HollywooD_ll » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:24 am

mike...how far down in mexico are you? any chance of you driving to san diego to buy your stuff? or are you too far south?
"Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had."

-- My Disney Infinity Collection:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3347#sthash.KMpufgip.dpbs

rank_50
ll_HollywooD_ll
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales