Returning Unopened Power Packs

retail availability, prices and special offers

Returning Unopened Power Packs

Postby Mainiac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 am

This game is really the first involvement I've ever had with blind packs. I was wondering if I went out to Toys R Us and bought like 30 packs with their current sale and after opening say 20 packs I completed my set is it OK to return the unopened ones or is something like that frowned upon?

I know a lot of people enjoy blind packs, but personally I don't want to sink a bunch of money into them ending up with tons of duplicates. I wish there was just some option to purchase a complete set maybe at a little higher cost that what buying packs with a similar number of discs cost. Example: 20 discs total would equal 10 packs at $5.00 for a total of $50.00 so make the complete set something like $75 at most.

rank_50
Mainiac
Main Console: PS4

Re: Returning Unopened Power Packs

Postby ItsJustDave » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:05 am

I've returned blind bags without trouble. As long as the packs are unopened, they should give you no trouble. I returned one of the TRU exclusive bags I'd bought after realizing there was no point in having more than 2 of Mike's car. Keep in mind, when you're buying your bags that you'll need more hexes than circles. You should be able to feel them out with minimal effort and determine the appropriate ratio.

rank_50
ItsJustDave
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Mainiac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 am

I also figured if I had a collection of packs at home I can feel them out for the round/hex discs and try to see if I can detect the surface of the rares without feeling odd doing it in the store. I still need 12 of the 21 and all rounds and rares so I'm curious how many packs it will take me finish it. I'd actually would be OK with some round duplicates for stacking too so maybe I'll check to make sure I've got at least 8 or so packs with rounds out of the 30 before I buy them.

rank_50
Mainiac

Postby InfinityFanatic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I agree with you that there are more hex than circular, but after buying more than I care to admit to, I still didn't get any Bolt circular discs. To give you an idea, I have two complete sets with only the Bolt disk missing. And I have a ton of multiples! But you shouldn't have any issues returning them, I already have. I can't wait for the trading thread to open up!
InfinityFanatic
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:15 pm

^^ LOL I got 4 Bolts in my packs. Luck of the draw I guess.

I opened two exclusive packs right in front of the cashier and he saw Mike's car and goes "that's lame, I'm gonna exchange it for you." He opened another exclusive before swapping it and said "yep same thing." He then let me pick out a regular pack. Now your mileage may very, but my Toys R Us said they would exchange an exclusive if you bought two or more even if they were opened.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Spleenzorio » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 pm

You can return anything as long as its unopened and you have the receipt!

Also just to rub it in, I got the Bolt Power Disc in my Starter Kit :P
Spleenzorio
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby InfinityFanatic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:41 pm

I was able to get 4 sets of rares and a bunch of the others, just no luck with Bolt... Oh well lol
InfinityFanatic
PSN ID:

Postby Mainiac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks everyone. It's good to know it's not a problem to return the unopened power packs. I'd rather just buy a bunch where they average $3.00 a pack and return the rest after I hopefully complete the set.

rank_50
Mainiac

Postby animegrltsukasa » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:06 pm

FYI... I just bought 2 packs yesterday and placed them unopened on the base and was able to see what was in the pack. I received two of khan so my husband is returning it for me today. Pretty cool.
animegrltsukasa
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales