Jar Jar Binks figure?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Jar Jar Binks figure?

Postby Infinityfan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:46 am

I was playing around in someone's toy box online and I placed down Jar Jar Binks Npc as I hadn't unlocked it yet. The way he stood still was exactly how playable characters usually stand, one foot in front of the other, head looking around from side to side! He also ran instead of walked like all the other NPCs. And this is the most important part, I could pick him up! I went over to Padme, Plo Koon, Ben Kenobi, Edna Mode, etc and tried picking them up and the prompt never came up. If they've got all this animation for him that playable characters have, I think they could be planning a figure for him in 3.0! This could either be really good news to some and really bad news to others lol! Personally I don't really want to have him but he could be fun to play as so I don't mind. Sadly, if this is true it means no Padme. :(

So what do you all think?

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Re: Jar Jar Binks figure?

Postby Vidia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:52 am

Doesn't necessarily mean no Padme. I imagine if they were to include her then she'd be in a different outfit to the NPC version, most likely the white outfit from Episode 2.

I'd hesitate to read too much into this though. It might be that they considered making him a figure, but scrapped the plans because of negative fan reaction to the idea.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby ExtraTerrorestrial » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:35 am

I know some of the younger fans love Jar Jar, but I see him as the living breathing embodiment of everything that went wrong with the prequels. There are so many other SW characters that deserve a figure more than he does, so I hope he's very far down on the list. No offense to those of you that like him of course.

rank_50
ExtraTerrorestrial

Postby Alice Kingsleigh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 pm

My entire family adores Jar Jar, most of all my dad who is 63. I don't think age has to do with who likes Jar Jar. I think its all about open mindedness. Theres nothing actually wrong with the prequels.....thats just a matter of opinion. George Lucas created it, therefore it can't be wrong, it is is his creation. I would love a Jar Jar figure! He's adorable, and perfect for Disney Infinity. This could just be a glitch, so I'm not going to read too much into it. But come on Avalanche! WE WANT PADME!!! :cry:

rank_0
Alice Kingsleigh

Postby illuminaugust » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:15 pm

I can understand people who dislike him, but the big hate of Jar Jar is a little too much I think. I don't have a problem with him and in one way I think his kind of iconic for the prequels. so I think he should get a figure, cause it could be kind of cool and not just the same as the Jedis. still I choose Padmé over him every day <3

rank_100
illuminaugust

Postby Pcboy99 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Isn't it more like people love to hate him

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby TheEAB » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Jar Jar does not deserve a figure. Palme and Mace Windu have priority, not to mention the Emperor, Count Dooku and General Grievous. Let's be honest, who wouldn't want a Rex and Cody 2 pack?

rank_100
TheEAB
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby darkrai848 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:54 pm

I think these animations come from the fact that Jar Jar had a mission in the play set. In that mission you could pick him up and he had to run. Most likely they made the animations for that mission and just left them there for his npc toy box toy. I'm not saying he's not getting a figure, but the animations are already used in game.

rank_50
darkrai848
Main Console: Wii U

Postby TheANvil » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:28 pm

I'd take Jar Jar. I'd rather him than the Rebels stuff.

Just give me Qui Gon and Mace Windu already though.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys