Best Buy/Target/Toys R Us Best Sales Combination (For Me)

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Best Buy/Target/Toys R Us Best Sales Combination

Postby SketchFox7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

For individual figures, K Mart also has BOGO too. Also for accessories Target is having a 25% off all DI accessories.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby asgaga » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:05 pm

the single figures are also cheaper at kmart if you are trying to get the cheapest price.
asgaga
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby SeaNet » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time. -Walt Disney

rank_50
SeaNet
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Figment74 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Ok, so it sounds like the strat that will work the best is get your Starter from TRU for 20% off then buy all your figurines and power disk packs, and then Target for the Cars and lone Ranger Play-sets for 50% off.

BTW I found several sites that indicate that you will be able to login to the TRU site @ midnight on Sunday the 18, and purchase all the items that you want for Pick-up, so that you can go to the store later in the day on Sunday and get them, this could mean a run on the Crystal Lightning McQueen on sunday morning. I may change my Strategy a little, and pre-order the Crystal series now. BTW, does anyone know if the Crystal McQueen comes with the TRU exclusive power disk, or is that a separate Blind pack purchase?
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby SlyCoug » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 pm

^ SeaNet. Amazon doesn't price match in that you can't call them and have them match a price, but they almost always change their prices online to match online store prices. So, when Target changes their price online, Amazon should theoretically match it. Now, every so often they don't but that is typically the case. The question now is simply whether this is one of those exceptions.

rank_100
SlyCoug

Postby Tangled » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

〆(◡‿◡✿)*:・゚✧

rank_50
Tangled

Re: Best Buy/Target/Toys R Us Best Sales Combination (For Me

Postby Figment74 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Quick math, in US Dollars.

13.99 for each Figure with the Bogo is 20.98 for 2, which works out to 10.49 per figure.

If you get the 3 pack for 20% off w/coupon. (side kicks/Villain Pack) is 24.79 for 3 figures or 8.26 per figure. So IMHO the best strategy to get all the characters on Sunday (presuming they have them is as follows.

From Target you are able to get McQueen, Holly, Tonto, and the Lone Ranger for about 10$/per
From TRU you will be able to get Mrs Incredible, Barbosa, and MikeW, as well as Randall, Davy Jones, and Syndrome all for about 8.26/per
Then the remaining figures will be on the BOGO which for me would be Francesco, Mater, Crystal Mcqueen, and Violet @ 10.49/per

So on Sunday using this strategy I will be able to acquire (in theory) the entire wave 1 for about $89.56 minus the Starter pack, for a Savings based on MSRP of 12.99 every where except TRU. of $131 Not too shabby.

I'm curious if anyone else has a better strategy.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74

Postby SketchFox7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Getting the 3-packs BOGO 50% saves you about $0.50 each figure more (both packs for $45 instead of $48). Plus a lot of people have been forgetting that all Disney Infinity accessories (albums, cases, capsules, bags, etc...) are going to be all 25% off at Target on Sunday also, I'm going to get the Base Protector & Red disc capsule for 25% off both (I might get a 3-pack display case for D23 Mickey & Crystal McQueen) and then getting the TRU Album & Blue disc capsule at BOGO, that way I have room for extra discs and can further sort them if I choose.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby zerocool » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:05 pm

I have been doing the math, I havent seen any TRU ads or Kmart ads that I can find that show a BOGO 50% off Regular characters. Anyone have an image or link to this?

rank_50
zerocool
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales