Availability in the Parks

retail availability, prices and special offers

Availability in the Parks

Postby dinofan01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am

Does anyone know when or if Infinity will be sold in the parks? I just visited Disneyland today but alas there was no sign of them. I ask because I have Disney Park merchandise gift card that's been sitting in my wallet and I think this would be the perfect opportunity. I've researching online and the only info I've found is the game being sold on the 16th, two days before official launch. Unfortunately there's no sign of the game being sold past that date. They have to sell them in the parks right? It would be the perfect way of advertising this game based on the Disney universe within the place that acts as a shrine to that universe. If anyone happens to know when they will sell them do you also know where in the park they would sell them as well? Thank you so much if anyone has any info.
dinofan01
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Availability in the Parks

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 am

Wow, I'm surprised Infinity isn't being prominently displayed in the parks. Seems like a wasted opportunity to get those tourist dollars! :lol: I don't know for sure, but your best bet may be Downtown Disney. I haven't been to Disneyland, so I don't know what stores they have there, but in Florida there's a giant World Of Disney store, which stocks a huge selection of merch, and Once Upon A Toy, which has a lot of video games. If California has equivalents of those stores, I'd give them a call to find out if they have Infinity stuff in stock, to save you a wasted trip if they don't. Also, check they can accept your card when you call. In Florida, I've used Disney Park merchandise gift cards at Downtown Disney with no problem, but I can't say for sure with California. It's extremely likely they will, though. Good luck! :D

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby dinofan01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 am

We have a World of Disney as well. It was the last place I checked but they had pretty much never heard of it. They just directed me to their media section which was DVDs, CDs, and some Wii games. Do you know if it's getting actively sold in World?
dinofan01

Postby Rapunzel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm planning to check Disneyland Paris when I go in October. I have an Annual Pass so you get discounts in all the Disney shops there. I'm hoping I get discounts on Infinity although there's a chance they won't apply. (There are no discounts on Lego!) It would be mainly power discs I end up buying though.

rank_100
Rapunzel
Main Console: Wii U

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't know for sure about it being sold at WDW. I know they ran out of stuff at the early launch, and if memory serves it was mentioned that they were planning to have more stock for the regular launch, which would suggest it being sold there. But don't quote me on that as I have no way of knowing for certain, since I won't be in WDW for another month. I'm very surprised that they don't have anything in California, how disappointing. Maybe it'll arrive by the end of the month?

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby Lumby » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:30 pm

I had called Disney merchandise customer service number prior to the 8/16 pre-lease to get info. The woman told me that Once-Upon-A-Toy would be hosting the pre-release at WDW and that the product would be available at other location starting 8/18. I have not been back to Disney since the pre-release so I am not able to confirm where its being sold atm.
Lumby

Postby kslush1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:34 pm

I haven't seen it around Disneyland. I heard rumors about Tommorrowland haven't checked yet though. Maybe in Innoventions since they are previewing the game there.

rank_100
kslush1

Postby TheFlyingDonkey » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 pm

I don't know off hand where they are selling it in WDW, but I think they are planning on having it in the Parks! They at least have it at Once Upon a Toy like previously stated. They have a fancy window display and demo station they plan on using for future launches. So there's that?
If I see/hear that its sold somewhere else, I'll let you guys know!

rank_100
TheFlyingDonkey
Main Console: PS4

Postby dinofan01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 pm

dinofan01

Next

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales