ToysRUs Price Match?

retail availability, prices and special offers

ToysRUs Price Match?

Postby KermitGreen82 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:41 am

Has anyone tried to price match the toys r us ad? Our walmart would not price match the power discs because toysrus is too far from us. We are going to target tomorrow to pick some stuff up since walmart wouldnt honor that either - that is a whole other issue though. Anyway I know Target will price match toysrus.com in stock items according to their website. I just want some regular power disc packs. (My toysrus one is already on the way). The sale is such a good deal I'd really like to be able to take advantage of it but I don't really want to pay for shipping if i dont have to - it kind of ruins the sale.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: ToysRUs Price Match?

Postby TheFlyingDonkey » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:02 am

I know that Walmart only does price matching on items that list a clear price amount. They tend to not match BOGO 50% deals or BOGO $1. I think they do match BOGO Free offers though. Their rules are on Walmart.com but I also think its up to each store as well?

rank_100
TheFlyingDonkey
Main Console: PS4

Postby Kajiholic » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 am

Target won't price match promotions like BOGOs or Buy one get one for a $1. They only price match the actual price of the item.
Kajiholic
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby soccerdude21490 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:08 pm

I successfully price-matched at Best Buy no problem, but it can be somewhat "YMMV". Most retailers shouldn't have a problem price matching "BOGO" offers like the sale at TRU this week, the trick is it has to state the price clearly.

Sometimes Toys R Us ads just say "50% off! Price between 14.99-34.99" or something like that and so other stores will not price match that. But since the ad said BOGO with one begin $5 and you got one for $1 they should have no problem price matching.

Also it is important to remember they typically limit the price match to one item. Meaning you can get 10 power packs price matched.

But price matching is a big luck process, just because you got it one time doesn't guarantee you will the next time.
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Ok I thanks everyone. I think I plan on asking at the counter and if not I won't be too upset. I figure it is worth asking at least. I know they can be weird about the BOGO sales but that wasn't even the issue at Walmart. It was just because we don't have a toysrus. My husband tried to price match the playsets on sale at target and the woman was going to take it but becuase it didnt say target on my printout of the ad she asked the girl at the other register. It was later at night so I think this girl was "in charge" and she rudley told me they dont take internet pricing. She didnt even look at it. I told her it was their actual ad and she again told me no logo, no price match. I checked out the corporate website and i didnt even need to have the ad to get a price match so she just wanted to make a scene apparently.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby chadomac » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:50 pm

its worth a try whats the worst that can happen

rank_0
chadomac
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby WreckitRyan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Walmart cracks me up. I went there and was going to buy the villains triple pack. It was $14.96 on their website. It was $29.96 in the store. I went to the register and the lady said they don't match their own website. :( I was pretty wibble!!! Stupid walmart!!!

rank_0
WreckitRyan
XBL ID:

Postby hoodoo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 pm

I was able to price match both Target (playsets) and Wal-Mart (triple pack) at Toys R Us. My wife was able to price match the TRU B1G1 for $1 Power DIsc at Wal-Mart as well. I guess we have been lucky.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Next

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales