ToysRUs Price Match?

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: ToysRUs Price Match?

Postby neoz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:00 am

My BB is the easiest place for me to PM. They will pretty much PM anything I bring in as long as it is legit.
As far as Target? Can't stand them. They won't PM anything for me. They look over everything with a fine tooth comb and if they can find one thing off I get a denied. WM is ok, they aren't too bad as long as it is within my area they will do it. I was lucky and got them to PM the WM G.I. Joe steelbook exclusive for $19.99 using the FYE price.

What sucks about BB is that they wouldn't PM the Buy one Power Pack and get one for a $1. But I understand as it is in their PM policy so I can't complain too much.

I have yet to try to PM anything at TRU recently so I'm looking forward to trying.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby KermitGreen82 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 am

Well good luck with TRU! It does seem to come down to the employees. Basically if it was a legitimate ad they could match Target was ok with it. Walmart - where you don't even need to have the ad present made a big stink.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby fdanielix » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:06 pm

i price matched walmarts villains pack at toys r us , i showed the lady the online pricematching ad and she dint even know anything about it, i asked her to call the store manager, she came with a paper with the store policy and i showed her the ad, she checked the paper again and she said it was okay and got out of there with my villains pack!
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby avex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:47 am

While the close proximity of some Target locations boggles the mind, I guess we can't complain as some people might have a long drive to their closest Target, let alone have one within a reasonable driving distance. I guess I've been lucky with Target, lately. They were able to pm the 3 packs and I was able to score their steelbook edition of Tomb Raider for a dollar :)

I never thought about price matching at FYE... I ended up paying full price for the WM G.I. Joe steelbook exclusive since the nearby WM is pretty lame and ghetto (didn't have it in stock, so I had to order online) :/

Some of these TRU pm'ing experiences, as well as my attempt, is leaving me question their employees... some of them seem like they aren't aware of it and I've had one employee tell me they don't price match Amazon (which their site clearly states that they do).

rank_0
avex
Main Console: PS3

Postby KermitGreen82 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Ive learned my lesson. It's quick and only one page to print out their corporate policy. From now on if I price match I will bring a copy with me. You may not even need it but it would have saved me from a lot of my issues with WalMart. I don't think a lot of customers know about it. I hardly ever do it. This was only my 3rd price match ever. It's a great concept but sometimes the restrictions just make it a hassel.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82
Main Console: Xbox 360

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales